Jenny Crewe Consulting
Building stronger professions
For regulators and professional bodies
- Strategic legal sector policy advice, with particular expertise in relation to professional standards, qualifications and training
- Assistance with the development of competency frameworks and specialisation
- Advice on the development, implementation and validation of assessments and examinations
- Research relating to social mobility, gender equality and inclusion
- Market confidence and competitiveness research and analysis
- International benchmarking and the evaluation of global trends
For legal sector employers
- Evaluation of impact of training and support to promote social mobility, gender equality and inclusion
- Support in relation to the development of competency frameworks
- Advice and support relating to the SRA's new Continuing Competence regime
- Support for international lawyers seeking to re-qualify as a solicitor of England and Wales
For education and training institutions
- Evaluating impact of assessments or aspects of assessments on standards or stakeholders
- Investigating particular issues or problems relating to assessments or qualifications and providing solutions
My background is in legal sector policy, and legal education and learning more specifically. I worked for the Law Society Group for 14 years between 2002-2017 during which time I have seen the solicitor profession undergo enormous change.
My career in law began at Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer where I qualified as a solicitor in the Real Estate team in 2002.
I am currently studying for a Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Assessment and Examinations at the University of Cambridge.
“I have worked with Jenny on a number of projects over the years. She is phenomenally bright and adept at identifying root causes, grasping breadth along with detail in the contexts within which projects sit, and coming up with solutions. She has excellent qualitative research skills and policy analysis is a natural instinct to her. Her knowledge and understanding of the legal sector, education and training in the professions and wider trends is second to none. She is motivated, adaptable and proactive about developing changes that achieve impact. She is a pleasure to work with.”
"I have worked with Jenny in a range of environments (SRA and Law Society Working Parties and Committees) over the last decade or so and seen her contributions on a range of issues affecting the legal profession. These have covered regulatory issues such as the process by which international lawyers qualify as English solicitors (including the relevant assessment regime) and the SRA's "continuing competence" regime as well as insights into the profession's status globally.
I have always been impressed by her rigour when researching issues and her skills in communicating with a wide range of stakeholders as well as her open-mindedness and enthusiasm for her work."
“ Jenny is an exceptional policy analyst. She combines a keen appreciation of the concerns of the body she is working for with an excellent awareness of the interests of other stakeholders, and of the political context which that creates. When we worked together, she was particularly effective in dealing with matters which had both representative and regulatory aspects, which can often be the most difficult subjects for policy work.”